Domino's Pizza receives boost by gourmet pizza range
Domino's Pizza has flagged up the performance of its new gourmet range, as sales bounce 9.8% to £127m in the 13 weeks to 25 September 2011.
Domino's Pizza: iPad app helps boost sales
Domino's Pizza today (28 September) unveiled its financial results for the 13 weeks to 25 September 2011.
In the UK, like-for-like sales were up 4.1% in the period.
During the period, the pizza maker launched its Domino's Stuffed Crust and Gourmet range to lure in middle-class customers and pinch market share from the likes of Pizza Hut.
Domino's gourmet range was supported its sponsorship of ITV's 'Red or Black?'.
The company, which has suffered from a slowdown in customers numbers in the recession, said sales of its gourmet range had been "well received", particularly in the Republic of Ireland.
The company also flagged up the performance of its digital operations, claiming e-commerce now accounted for 46.6% of UK sales in the 13 week period.
Overall, online sales rose by 36.4% to £45m, buoyed by the performance of its iPad app.
Over the period, Domino's opened 15 new stories in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Germany, bringing the total to 37 openings so far this year.
Outgoing chief executive Chris Moore, said: "We are pleased to have had a good quarter's trading and, although the economy as a whole is still very tough, we have got exciting plans in place for the rest of the year.
"We are on track and confident that we will finish the year in line with market expectations."
Moore is stepping down at the end of the year. He will be replaced by Lance Batchelor, the former head of Tesco mobile.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...