Mars pledges to eradicate emissions by 2040
Mars is ramping up its corporate social responsibility (CSR) drive by overhauling its website to push its five "principles in action", which include a commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero.
Maltesers: set to be Mars' first Fairtrade certified brand
The confectionary giant behind the brands Skittels, Galaxy and Snickers, among others, is committing to eradicate greenhouse gas emissions from all its factories and offices by 2040 without the use of carbon offsets and regardless of business growth.
As part of a health and nutrition drive, Mars already has a global commitment to only advertise food, snack and confectionary products to people over the age of 12.
Details of the company's full marketing code will be hosted on the updated Mars.com website.
CSR is becoming an increasingly important part of the running of global businesses, as rival companies look to outdo each other with bold green strategies.
Mars is also committing to sustainable sources policies across a range of essential raw materials ranging from coffee and tea to rice, fish, cocoa and palm oil.
Its commitment follows Mars' disclosure that Maltesers would be the company's first Fairtrade certified brand as part of commitment to sustainably source cocoa.
Mars president and chief executive Paul S Michaels said: "In some arenas, we are making good progress, in others, like cocoa sustainability, we have more work to do."
Mars' five "principles in action" are quality, responsibility, mutuality, efficiency and freedom.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @MattChapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...