McCann Enterprise wins Toshiba brief
Toshiba has appointed McCann Enterprise, a division of McCann London, as its lead creative agency in the UK and Ireland.
Toshiba: 'space chair project'
McCann Enterprise picked up the £3 million business without going through a formal pitch process.
The agency will initially develop a campaign for Toshiba's portfolio of consumer electronics products.
Toshiba appointed the start-up agency Johnny Fearless in June to help launch its tablet device, Toshiba TEG, in the UK and Europe. However, the launch of the product was subsequently shelved and Toshiba is no longer working with the agency.
Grey London previously handled Toshiba's advertising in Europe. Its last major campaign was 2009's "the space chair project", which involved sending a chair to an altitude of 98,000 feet.
Matt McDowell, the regional marketing director at Toshiba, said: "McCann Enterprise demonstrated strategic vision and creative flair."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London