Richard Exon and Damon Collins leave RKCR/Y&R to launch start-up
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R's chief executive, Richard Exon, and executive creative director Damon Collins are leaving the agency to launch a start-up.
Richard Exon (l) and Damon Collins: 'We have a clear vision for a creative business that we want to start together'
The departure of the pair, who have been at the agency for four-and-a-half years and three-and-a-half years respectively, was announced this morning to the agency.
Alison Hoad, the vice-chairman of RKCR/Y&R, and Ben Kay, its chief strategy officer, will now take over the running of the agency, working alongside the RKCR/Y&R founder and chairman, Mark Roalfe.
Exon moved to RKCR/Y&R as managing director in March 2007, and was promoted to chief executive just three months later. He had previously spent 13 years at Bartle Bogle Hegarty, working his way up to group business development director. During his time at RKCR/Y&R, Exon has helped the agency win new business from Vodafone, Warburtons and Dreams, and it currently sits at the top of Campaign's new-business league table.
Collins joined RKCR/Y&R from Mother at the beginning of 2008, and has since been responsible for boosting the agency's creative offering. He has overseen high-profile campaigns for Lloyds TSB, the BBC and GHD, as well as leading RKCR/Y&R to become the highest-ranked UK agency in this year's Gunn Report.
Exon and Collins said: "RKCR/Y&R is a fantastic agency full of talented people, but we have a clear vision for a creative business that we want to start together."
Roalfe said: "This is an entrepreneurial agency that breeds entrepreneurs. Now we’re entering the next era of RKCR/Y&R, we’re shedding a skin, but keeping our core values."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...