Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam launches The Dam Armada
Independent global ad agency Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam has launched its first independent digital product agency, called The Dam Armada.
Dam Armada: from left, Jordi Martinez, Leigh Hibell and Jesus Gollonet
The business unit will sit within W+K Amsterdam and comprises creative developers and designers who will develop digital products.
The unit will create digital apps and installations for existing W+K clients, as well as new clients, and will develop independent products to be sold for Android and Apple platforms.
The unit was created by Jordi Martinez, W+K creative technology director, who will lead the Dam Armada team.
Martinez said: "It’s about proactively developing digital opportunities for brands, working beyond the scope of the briefs we’re given. We are crafters, so we create unique, tailor-made, interactive experiences."
Lee Newman, managing director of W+K Amsterdam, said: "As an independent agency, we have the latitude to experiment and we try to foster a spirit of entrepreneurialism. The Dam Armada is a perfect example of it.
"This really is a different model and requires a different mindset. Rather than answering client briefs, the Dam Armada has the freedom to dream up digital ideas and the skill to bring them to life."
In January, W+K Amsterdam boosted its creative team by appointing seven new creatives.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)