Discovery to simulcast Alone in the Wild on 11 channels
Discovery Networks is to simulcast the first episode of its celebrity survival show 'Alone in the Wild' across all 11 of its UK channels.
Alone in the Wild: new series begins on Wednesday with Freddie Flintoff
The programme is a new commission for the network. It sends eight personalities, including 'Dancing on Ice' judge Jason Gardiner, to live alone or in pairs for seven days, with a camera to record their experiences.
The first episode of the show, staring former cricketer Freddie Flintoff, will be broadcast simultaneously on Animal Planet, DMAX, Discovery History, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, Home & Health, ID (Investigation Discovery), Real Time, Travel & Living as well as the main Discovery Channel.
The Flintoff episode will be broadcast at 9pm tomorrow night. The remaining five episodes will air on Discovery Channel on consecutive Wednesdays for five weeks.
'Alone in the Wild' is being supported by a national above-the-line ad campaign across TV, radio, print and outdoor by Hypernaked and the7stars and with digital activity by Online Fire.
As part of the digital push, the stars of the shows will take over the Discovery Channel UK Twitter feed (@DiscoveryUK) during the evening of their episode's first broadcast, to answer viewers' questions.
Simon Downing, vice president of marketing communications for Western Europe at Discovery Networks, said: "By launching the series across our factual, lifestyle and entertainment channels, we are giving a broad range of audiences the opportunity to experience this new survival series which explores how eight very different personalities cope with the solitude of the wild."
'Alone in the Wild' will be promoted through competitions in partnership with pay TV operators Virgin Media and BSkyB. A Facebook competition will also offer viewers the chance to nominate a friend for an "action packed" trip to Morocco.
Follow @MaisieMcCabe on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1