Discovery to simulcast Alone in the Wild on 11 channels
Discovery Networks is to simulcast the first episode of its celebrity survival show 'Alone in the Wild' across all 11 of its UK channels.
Alone in the Wild: new series begins on Wednesday with Freddie Flintoff
The programme is a new commission for the network. It sends eight personalities, including 'Dancing on Ice' judge Jason Gardiner, to live alone or in pairs for seven days, with a camera to record their experiences.
The first episode of the show, staring former cricketer Freddie Flintoff, will be broadcast simultaneously on Animal Planet, DMAX, Discovery History, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, Home & Health, ID (Investigation Discovery), Real Time, Travel & Living as well as the main Discovery Channel.
The Flintoff episode will be broadcast at 9pm tomorrow night. The remaining five episodes will air on Discovery Channel on consecutive Wednesdays for five weeks.
'Alone in the Wild' is being supported by a national above-the-line ad campaign across TV, radio, print and outdoor by Hypernaked and the7stars and with digital activity by Online Fire.
As part of the digital push, the stars of the shows will take over the Discovery Channel UK Twitter feed (@DiscoveryUK) during the evening of their episode's first broadcast, to answer viewers' questions.
Simon Downing, vice president of marketing communications for Western Europe at Discovery Networks, said: "By launching the series across our factual, lifestyle and entertainment channels, we are giving a broad range of audiences the opportunity to experience this new survival series which explores how eight very different personalities cope with the solitude of the wild."
'Alone in the Wild' will be promoted through competitions in partnership with pay TV operators Virgin Media and BSkyB. A Facebook competition will also offer viewers the chance to nominate a friend for an "action packed" trip to Morocco.
Follow @MaisieMcCabe on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...