Pot Noodle changes tack with WAG ads
Unilever is refocusing attempts to promote its Pot Noodle snack brand to young male consumers with a campaign that moves away from its recent music-themed ads.
Pot Noodle: new ads use "Why try harder" tagline
The ‘Why try harder’ work, by Mother, features a character called Brian who, in his quest for an easy life, marries a footballer and becomes a ‘WAG’.
The campaign launches on Friday and includes TV, social media, mobile and PR activity. It marks a departure from Pot Noodle’s series of TV ads starring comedy music duo Steve and Digger, which began in 2008.
Most recently, the characters starred in an ad to promote the Pot Noodle GTi range, which spoofed action film The Fast and the Furious.
Pot Noodle brand manager Kate Mitchell said: ‘We have created interactive and engaging content for Pot Noodlers to enjoy smart, easy living.’
The campaign will promote the entire Pot Noodle range.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Campaign Programmer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Guildford
- Senior Marketing Manager Trace £35000 - £55000 Per Annum + benefits, South West London
- Marketing Manager x 2 Stopgap £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London