Aegis acquires direct agencies to boost Scandinavian offering
Aegis has continued its acquisition spree by picking up two Swedish direct and CRM agencies to fill out its offering in the country.
Aegis: acquires agencies Dubblera and Smicker in Sweden
The sister agencies, Dubblera and Smicker, have been acquired from marketing consultancy DM-Konsult. Their clients include Volvo, Samsung, Stena Line, Canon and Ikea.
Aegis is adding the agencies to its Aztec network, which provides transactional and post-purchase data to consumer packaged goods retailers and manufacturers.
Aegis retained Aztec despite agreeing to sell its market research business Synovate to French group Ipsos in the summer, to focus on its digital and media operations. A spokesperson explained the reasoning for keeping Aztec was that it was profitable and its services aided campaign planning.
Aztec operates in Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, Thailand, Canada, Sweden and Malaysia and South Africa.
The spokesperson did not rule out the possibility of Aegis acquiring direct and data-focused businesses in the UK.
Aegis has already made 10 acquisitions this year, including MediaVest Manchester, Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB, and Canadian social media moderation company, ICUC Moderation Services.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...