Sport magazine in redesign for fifth birthday
Sport magazine, UTV Media's free weekly men's magazine, has unveiled a print redesign to coincide with its fifth birthday, ahead of plans to launch its first iPad edition.
The redesign, which features a new masthead, will be unveiled in the magazine's next issue tomorrow (7 October), with footballer Joey Barton on its cover.
Sport has maintained a steady circulation since its 2006 launch, with an ABC figure for January to June this year of 306,217 copies.
But competing men’s "freemium" magazine ShortList, which launched a year later in 2007, recorded an average circulation of 523,665 for the same period.
Sport magazine was bought by UTV in May 2009, after the magazine's French parent company, Sport Media & Strategie, went into administration.
A month after the acquisition, UTV merged TalkSport and Sport magazine's sales teams to create new division UTV Pitch.
Simon Caney, editor of Sport magazine, said: "We were the first mass-distribution free magazine in the market when we launched back in 2006, and this heralds a new era for us.
"We wanted the masthead to reflect the magazine with a feeling of quality and authority, and inside the mag, art editor John Mahood has introduced a new, fresher look.
Sport magazine’s first iPad edition had been due to launch in August, but will now be released later this month.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...