MEC wins Electoral Commission media business
The Central Office of Information (COI) is set to award the Electoral Commission's media communications and planning business to MEC.
COI: MEC wins Electoral Commission media business
The COI issued a tender to its roster agencies in August this year, and seven agencies are understood to have been invited to pitch for the Electoral Commission account.
MEC was shortlisted last month alongside Arena Media and the incumbent, Experience Communications, before the final selection was made.
MEC will work with the Electoral Commission for three years on campaigns to promote upcoming elections and to inform the public about ways to vote.
Electoral Commission events that will be publicised during that period include the 2012 Scottish local elections, and the next UK General Election.
The media planning account is part of a £6m review, which includes the Electoral Commission's digital and creative business.
Media buying for the account continues to be handled by M4C, which is owned by WPP.
MEC, which is also owned by WPP, declined to comment on its appointment.
Follow @Sophie_Maden on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...