MEC lands £10m Bupa media task
Bupa is to appoint MEC to handle its £10 million media planning and buying account.
Bupa: MEC will be responsible for the health provider's media planning and buying account
The appointment is expected to follow MEC's success in a final three-way shoot-out against Mindshare and PHD.
The joint incumbents, Starcom MediaVest Group and Carat Manchester (formerly MediaVest Manchester), were involved at an earlier stage. Starcom had handled all of Bupa's offline media for 11 years, while Carat Manchester looked after its digital business.
The review, which was handled by the intermediary ISBA, commenced in August this year.
The health provider spent £3.2 million on TV, £1.7 million on press and more than £2 million on direct marketing activity in the past 12 months, according to Nielsen, with the rest of the spend spread across radio, outdoor and online.
Bupa's media review follows the appointment last year of OgilvyOne to handle its digital and direct marketing activity. WCRS handles the brand's above-the-line advertising. Both accounts are unaffected by the latest media review.
Bupa is yet to announce the result of the ongoing review of its social media business, which it kick-started in July.
Last month, Bupa unveiled its latest TV advertising campaign for its new health insurance product, Bupa By You. The multimillion-pound integrated campaign promotes Bupa By You as an "adaptable" health cover built around people's individual needs.
MEC declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London