Gregory appointed ad director at Telefonica
Shaun Gregory, the managing director of O2 Media, has been promoted to the new global role of director of advertising for its parent company, Telefónica.
Shaun Gregory: appointed as director of advertising at Telefónica
Gregory, who joined O2 Media in early 2009, will work within the new Telefónica Digital division, which is headed by Matthew Key, the former chief executive of Telefónica O2 Europe.
His brief will be to develop a global strategy for advertising businesses across Telefónica, drawing on his experience at O2 in the UK, where he has helped the network to grow services such as O2 More, which provides offers from other brands to more than six million customers.
Sources close to Telefónica said that it has advertising businesses in more than 20 markets but wants to build momentum behind this as it moves from being a traditional telecommunications business into new channels.
Gregory, who was previously the chief executive of the mobile offers company Blyk and also held senior commercial positions at Telegraph Media Group and Emap, is expected to move to the Telefónica role later this month.
O2 Media is expected to replace Gregory. This week, it boosted its commercial team with the appointment of Andreas Nicolaou from Microsoft Advertising as the head of client strategy.
Nicolaou reports to Gary Cole, the commercial director of O2 Media and the former ITV online sales director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex