IPC appoints new head of digital strategy for men's portfolio
IPC Inspire, the men's division of IPC Media, has appointed Haymarket Business Media's Matthew Gerry in the new role of digital strategy director.
Matthew Gerry: moves to IPC Inspire
Gerry, who is currently the digital strategy director for Haymarket Business Media – the publisher of Media Week and Brand Republic – will drive the business strategy across IPC titles including Nuts and NME. He will report to Inspire managing director Paul Williams.
Gerry joined Haymarket in 2006 as online publisher for the medical division and became online publisher for Haymarket Business Media's Brand Republic group a year later. He was made digital strategy director for Haymarket Business Media in 2010 and is also the current chair of the Association of Online Publishers' business-to-business committee.
Prior to joining Haymarket, he was head of eMedia at VNU Business Publications.
Williams said: "I'm delighted to appoint someone of Matthew's calibre and experience to this important role. It's an exciting time for Inspire in the digital space with lots of initiatives having been launched in the past year and with many more in the pipeline.
"Matthew is the perfect choice to work alongside our publishing directors to define and develop the online strategies for the various markets that Inspire serves."
In July this year, IPC appointed Mike Newcombe to the newly created role of head of mobile advertising.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...