Duffy to exit NMA
Maureen Duffy, chief executive of the Newspaper Marketing Agency (NMA), is to leave the newspaper trade body after nearly nine years.
Maureen Duffy: to leave the Newspaper Marketing Agency at the end of the year
Duffy, a high-profile figure in the national newspaper industry, will step down from the organisation at the end of the year.
She is leaving to take up a senior position outside the newspaper industry. The NMA did not disclose specific details of the role.
The NMA was set up by the national newspaper umbrella organisation, the NPA, in 2003 to improve national newspapers' standing with advertisers and agencies. Duffy has been chief executive since its inception.
The NMA said a search for a replacement would start immediately.
Duffy submitted her resignation to the chairman of the NMA board Paul Hayes, managing director of News International Commercial.
Duffy said: "It will be a wrench to leave the NMA after nine great years, but this is the right time for me to take on a new professional challenge."
Duffy will hand the day-to-day running of the NMA to managing director Mike Wood.
The NMA is taking Duffy’s departure as an opportunity to review its role in an increasingly digital-focused world.
NMA board members including Dave King, executive director of Telegraph Media Group (TMG), Adam Freeman, executive director of Guardian News & Media, and Hayes, will report their findings in the New Year.
Hayes said: "We will take this opportunity to strategically examine how newspapers market themselves in a new multi-platform world."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City
- Head of Paid Search / Biddable - Full-Service Agency silverdrum £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits, London