Channel 4 to sponsor Guardian iPad app
The Guardian has signed up Channel 4 to sponsor its forthcoming iPad app.
Guardian: announces the soon-to-launch iPad edition
The app does not yet have a launch date but is expected to be released this month and will be sponsored by Channel 4 for six months. The deal was brokered by OMD.
It will be priced at £9.99 per month, but will be free for three months after launch, then free for the first week to new users. All six and seven-day print subscribers will have free access to the app.
In a Guardian video previewing the app, Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger said the newspaper's journalists will "not be scrambling to update it every minute or hour, we'll do that on the browser" which will be the place for readers to view live blogging. The app will be a "different type of read, more reflective", he said.
Mark Porter, design consultant on the Guardian's iPad project, said the paper had been grappling with how to translate the paper's "hierarchy of information" onto the app in an appropriate way.
Porter said the app would feature advertising, which will be clearly separate from news stories resembling the print edition but more interactive.
Follow @SaraKimberley on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...