Channel 4 to sponsor Guardian iPad app
The Guardian has signed up Channel 4 to sponsor its forthcoming iPad app.
Guardian: announces the soon-to-launch iPad edition
The app does not yet have a launch date but is expected to be released this month and will be sponsored by Channel 4 for six months. The deal was brokered by OMD.
It will be priced at £9.99 per month, but will be free for three months after launch, then free for the first week to new users. All six and seven-day print subscribers will have free access to the app.
In a Guardian video previewing the app, Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger said the newspaper's journalists will "not be scrambling to update it every minute or hour, we'll do that on the browser" which will be the place for readers to view live blogging. The app will be a "different type of read, more reflective", he said.
Mark Porter, design consultant on the Guardian's iPad project, said the paper had been grappling with how to translate the paper's "hierarchy of information" onto the app in an appropriate way.
Porter said the app would feature advertising, which will be clearly separate from news stories resembling the print edition but more interactive.
Follow @SaraKimberley on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)