Eurostar adds social position
Eurostar, the high-speed cross-Channel train service, is to appoint a head of social media, whose remit will include crisis management.
Eurostar: Benbassat to hire social guru
The post-holder will report to Lionel Benbassat, current head of marketing and sales, France, at Eurostar International, when he takes up the role of director of marketing and brand in January.
‘There needs to be someone who takes care of how we use social media in a consistent way,’ said Benbassat, adding that the role may be filled internally. In 2009, Eurostar faced uproar from customers when it failed to use social media to react to weather disruption. The incident led to the creation of a 24-hour social platform, which it runs in-house.
The appointment does not affect Eurostar’s existing social media agency relationship with We Are Social.
See this week's Marketing for a profile of Lionel Benbassat
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London