Eurostar adds social position
Eurostar, the high-speed cross-Channel train service, is to appoint a head of social media, whose remit will include crisis management.
Eurostar: Benbassat to hire social guru
The post-holder will report to Lionel Benbassat, current head of marketing and sales, France, at Eurostar International, when he takes up the role of director of marketing and brand in January.
‘There needs to be someone who takes care of how we use social media in a consistent way,’ said Benbassat, adding that the role may be filled internally. In 2009, Eurostar faced uproar from customers when it failed to use social media to react to weather disruption. The incident led to the creation of a 24-hour social platform, which it runs in-house.
The appointment does not affect Eurostar’s existing social media agency relationship with We Are Social.
See this week's Marketing for a profile of Lionel Benbassat
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire