Xbox pushes driving game with world's 'most expensive car park'
Xbox is bringing together supercars, including the Bugatti Veyron and McLaren F1, in an attempt to assemble the world's most expensive car park to push its Forza Motorsport 4 computer game.
Supercar: Xbox musters top models in Shoreditch to promote Forza Motorsport 4 game
More than 20 supercars, including the £1m Pagani Zonda and Ferrari Enzo, are being unveiled tomorrow (13 October) in a car park in Shoreditch, east London.
Passers-by will be able to play the game on a number of Xbox 360 consoles at the car park, in order to take the cars on a "virtual test drive".
Television, digital, outdoor and print activity created by McCann Erickson is also running to support the launch of Forza Motorsport 4, which is released on Friday (14 October).
Microsoft-owned Xbox is also hosting a 7-day event in the Westfield White City shopping centre, organised by UM London and featuring a team of mechanics building a replica GT40 supercar.
The event is being streamed live via a microsite, which is being delivered in partnership with motoring title PistonHeads.
Microsoft's internet portal MSN is also streaming content via its regular 'Car of the month feature' and a time-lapse edit of the entire build will be seeded on MSN and sites handled by Say Media, Collective, Smartclip, EVO, IGN, Future and the Xbox Live platform.
Viewers of the live stream are being asked to suggest ways in which the car can be customised with some of the suggestions being implemented by the mechanics.
Anyone who makes a customisation suggestion will stand a chance to win the car, once it is complete.
Further marketing activity will include a front cover takeover of the Evo motoring magazine, which will feature an image of one of the cars that features from Forza Motorsport 4.
Evo will also push the game via its iPad app and social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
In addition, Microsoft has also partnered with Blippar to create an augmented reality app that will allow readers to scan ads with their phones in order to view a video trailer of the game.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)