YouView rethinks its marketing structure
YouView, the video-on-demand service chaired by Lord Sugar, is reviewing the future of its marketing function.
Tim Hunt: position at YouView is under review
The company, which is backed by BBC, BT, TalkTalk, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Arqiva, has been plagued by technical problems. As a result, its planned launch for this summer was put back to next year.
The roles of Tim Hunt, the former St Luke's partner who joined YouView from Freeview in March 2010, and his team, understood to number around 15 marketers, are believed to be under threat.
In March Lord Sugar became non-executive chairman of the venture, replacing Kip Meek.
A YouView spokeswoman refused to comment other than to say, "Following a review we have made some internal changes at YouView. These do not reflect a change to our business strategy and we remain on track to launch early next year."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...