FindaProperty, Primelocation and Zoopla plan merger to take on Rightmove
Digital Property Group (DPG), the Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) company which owns property sites FindaProperty.com and Primelocation.com, is to merge with rival site Zoopla.co.uk.
Zoopla: has advertised heavily on TV
The proposed merger, which has been submitted to the Office of Fair Trading for consideration, is intended to provide consumers with greater coverage of property listings.
DMGT said that competitor site Rightmove has been the single dominant player in the market and this move will create a viable alternative for estate agents and housebuilders in the UK.
Martin Morgan, chief executive of DMGT said: "This merger will create a genuine opportunity to challenge the dominant market leader in the online property sector."
"We believe that the combination of our respective digital property assets will benefit both consumers and clients," he said.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland