FindaProperty, Primelocation and Zoopla plan merger to take on Rightmove
Digital Property Group (DPG), the Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) company which owns property sites FindaProperty.com and Primelocation.com, is to merge with rival site Zoopla.co.uk.
Zoopla: has advertised heavily on TV
The proposed merger, which has been submitted to the Office of Fair Trading for consideration, is intended to provide consumers with greater coverage of property listings.
DMGT said that competitor site Rightmove has been the single dominant player in the market and this move will create a viable alternative for estate agents and housebuilders in the UK.
Martin Morgan, chief executive of DMGT said: "This merger will create a genuine opportunity to challenge the dominant market leader in the online property sector."
"We believe that the combination of our respective digital property assets will benefit both consumers and clients," he said.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire