FindaProperty, Primelocation and Zoopla plan merger to take on Rightmove
Digital Property Group (DPG), the Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) company which owns property sites FindaProperty.com and Primelocation.com, is to merge with rival site Zoopla.co.uk.
Zoopla: has advertised heavily on TV
The proposed merger, which has been submitted to the Office of Fair Trading for consideration, is intended to provide consumers with greater coverage of property listings.
DMGT said that competitor site Rightmove has been the single dominant player in the market and this move will create a viable alternative for estate agents and housebuilders in the UK.
Martin Morgan, chief executive of DMGT said: "This merger will create a genuine opportunity to challenge the dominant market leader in the online property sector."
"We believe that the combination of our respective digital property assets will benefit both consumers and clients," he said.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End