Google appoints European marketing chief as new UK boss
Google has appointed its senior European marketer Dan Cobley as its new UK managing director, replacing Matt Brittin who has been promoted to a senior European role.
Dan Cobley: appointed Google's new UK managing director
The reshuffle of senior Google executives has been prompted by the promotion of Philipp Schindler, Google’s current vice-president of Google Europe, who has moved to a global role based in Google’s headquarters in California.
Brittin has been with Google since early 2007 and was promoted to managing director in 2009.
He takes up the role of vice-president for northern and central Europe at Google with immediate effect, the company said. He will still be based in the UK.
Brittin will report to Google senior vice-president and chief business officer, Nikesh Arora.
Cobley has been with Google since 2006, when he joined as UK marketing director and was then promoted to vice-president marketing, northern and central Europe.
Google has yet to appoint a replacement for Cobley, who will report to Brittin in his new role.
Prior to his time at Google, Cobley was vice-president brand and marketing for Capital One Europe.
Cobley has also had a spell as marketing director at Ask Jeeves, working both in the UK and US.
He also spent around five years with Pepsi and Walkers in a number of marketing roles.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...