Speakers from Boots, HuffPo and Westfield join APA summit line-up
Five keynote speakers from brands and businesses as diverse as Boots, Westfield UK, Huffington Post, Contagious Communications and Akzo Nobel have joined the line-up for the APA International Content Summit, which takes place next month.
Rory Sutherland: speaking at the APA International Content Summit
The APA (Association of Publishing Agencies) Summit – entitled Content + Convergence – will see Ruth Spencer, head of insight, loyalty and multi-channel at Boots; Myf Ryan, general manager of marketing at Westfield UK; Carla Buzasi, editor-in-chief at AOL Europe and Huffington Post; Will Sansom, writer and consultant for Contagious Communications, and Greet Boonen, marketing director consumer brands EMEA at Akzo Nobel, join the line-up on 23 November.
This year's event, supported by Marketing, aims to build on the success of the 2010 inaugural event, by exploring the challenges and issues presented by device convergence and how brand owners can make best use of the new converged media landscape.
The day will be broken down into five sessions, with speakers offering insight, advice and strategic thinking for marketing, advertising and publishing professionals in attendance.
Julia Hutchison, COO of the APA, said: "These themes are increasingly important as consumers continue to place value in quality editorial content. Combine this with the flexible and interactive nature of the converged media landscape, and brands have been given innovative new ways to reach and engage with consumers.
"While complex to navigate, this new frontier needs to be fully understood and embraced in order to maximise the plethora of opportunities it presents."
The 2011 International Content Summit will discuss how brand owners can deliver engaging content solutions across a range of media.
Other speakers at the event include:
- Jonathan Foster Kenny, VP international sales director, Businessweek.
- Ben Hammersley, technologist, journalist and broadcaster
- Allyson Stewart-Allen, global brand guru
- Rory Sutherland, vice chairman, Ogilvy
- Richard Charkin, executive director, Bloomsbury
- Nigel Cameron, president and CEO, C.PET
- Richard Cope, head of foresight, Mintel
- Mark Challinor, director of mobile, Telegraph Media Group
- Charlie Osmond, managing director, Freshnetworks
- Tim Dunn, director of customer strategy, MIG
- Philip Thomas, CEO, Cannes Lions
The APA is a not-for-profit organisation representing the £900m customer publishing marketplace, including 46 full members that produce publications and digital content for more than 1,000 leading brands and organisations in the UK and internationally.
Visit the I Love Content web site, to find out more and buy tickets for the APA International Content Summit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...