Big Brother to air Paranormal Activity 3 premiere
'Big Brother' will include coverage of the world premiere of the Paramount Pictures film 'Paranormal Activity 3' this evening (20 October), as part of a product-placement deal with Channel 5.
Paranormal Activity 3: coverage of world premiere to be shown on Big Brother
All last week, viewers were encouraged to enter a competition to attend a special event through Channel 5, its digital platforms and an advertorial in fellow Northern & Shell-owned newspaper, the Daily Star.
This week, the housemates have been set supernatural challenges and, as will be shown in tonight's show, the winning housemates got the chance to watch 'Paranormal Activity 3' in a custom-built Perspex box suspended above the audience.
Last night, members of the public who won tickets joined celebrities in the 500-strong audience as the film was screened in the ‘Big Brother' stage area just outside the ‘Big Brother’ house at Elstree Studios.
Following the premiere, the Northern & Sell magazine OK! will feature a full-page advertorial spread of the occasion, with gossip from the red carpet and coverage of the event.
After the release of the film tomorrow (21 October), a tailored creative made by Channel 5's in-house team and including footage from the premiere will be aired in commercial airtime around Big Brother.
The deal was brokered between Channel 5's commercial team and WPP media agency MEC.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director, Channel 5 said: "To get this partnership off the ground has involved a great collaboration between Paramount, MEC, Endemol, Channel 5 and N+S press titles.
"It's fresh and innovative, putting a bespoke integrated campaign in front of mass audiences."
The product placement for the film follows a similar placement in 'Celebrity Big Brother' in September, with Touchstone Pictures release 'Fright Night'.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...