Nintendo puts marketing to fore with Paine promotion
Nintendo UK is thought to have handed marketing director Dawn Paine extra managerial responsibilities, as it moves to put the customer at the centre of its strategy and provide a conduit for cross-departmental projects.
Nintendo Wii: game console has broadened company's appeal to families
Paine, who has been with Nintendo since 2001, will take on the role of assistant general manager and marketing director, in order to deliver the new marketing-focused philosophy of the business.
Paine became the Japanese company's first UK marketing director in 2005.
During Paine's 10 years at Nintendo, the brand has significantly broadened its appeal and led the way in appealing to families with the launch of its Wii console.
The dominance of the Nintendo Wii has been threatened by rivals Sony and Microsoft bringing out controller-free consoles that have also proved popular with families, rather than the traditional young male target audience.
Paine was marketing director when the Wii and Nintendo DS launched and was UK marketing controller during the launch of the GameCube.
In July, Nintendo was forced to slash the prices of the 3DS handheld by a third after muted sales of the product, despite a high-profile launch five months previously.
Nintendo was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)