Aloft Hotels brings music campaign to the UK
Aloft Hotels, the American hotel chain owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, is bringing its music-focused 'Turning up the Spotlight' campaign to the UK, as it prepares to open its first London hotel.
Aloft Hotels: bring its 'turning up the spotlight' campaign to the UK
The campaign, created by specialist music marketing agency Frukt, aims to support emerging musical talent and provide new bands with a platform to showcase themselves to leading figures in the industry.
The hotel brand will stage two showcase events over the next month, firstly at the Aloft Brussels Schuman hotel and then at Aloft Abu Dhabi.
Each event will be judged by BBC Radio 1's Huw Stevens, The Charlatans' guitarist Mark Collins and record producers Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Quarmby.
The judges will choose one winning act from each event to travel to the UK and perform at the launch party for the Aloft London Excel hotel on 15 November.
The campaign will be supported by extensive social media activity across Facebook and Twitter.
Aloft Hotels appointed Dentsu earlier this year to raise awareness of its brand in the run-up to its London launch, with work including outdoor, online, experiential and social media activity.
Aloft Hotels has opened more than 50 hotels globally since launching in 2008. The brand has been celebrating its expansion by running a "50 days of music" global festival across its hotels.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London