John Lewis to mount 'buy British' push
John Lewis will mark all products sourced in Britain with a Union flag as part of a "buy British" push.
John Lewis: 'always a woman' campaign
The stamp will feature on all products made by the retailer's 130 British manufacturers, including Herbert Parkinson, a Lancashire-based textile company owned by the John Lewis Partnership.
John Lewis is undertaking the initiative because it believes businesses could be doing more to support British manufacturers.
The new John Lewis & Co menswear label includes clothes manufactured in Britain, while some 90% of John Lewis’ own-brand carpets are made in Britain.
John Lewis is currently running its biggest marketing push to date in the run-up to Christmas in order to promote its Never Knowingly Undersold positioning.
The retailer increased its marketing spend in the months leading up to Christmas by 38% year-on-year to £23m.
However, its continued commitment in the Never Knowingly Undersold pledge has resulted in profits falling by 54.5% in the first six months of 2011.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...