John Lewis to mount 'buy British' push
John Lewis will mark all products sourced in Britain with a Union flag as part of a "buy British" push.
John Lewis: 'always a woman' campaign
The stamp will feature on all products made by the retailer's 130 British manufacturers, including Herbert Parkinson, a Lancashire-based textile company owned by the John Lewis Partnership.
John Lewis is undertaking the initiative because it believes businesses could be doing more to support British manufacturers.
The new John Lewis & Co menswear label includes clothes manufactured in Britain, while some 90% of John Lewis’ own-brand carpets are made in Britain.
John Lewis is currently running its biggest marketing push to date in the run-up to Christmas in order to promote its Never Knowingly Undersold positioning.
The retailer increased its marketing spend in the months leading up to Christmas by 38% year-on-year to £23m.
However, its continued commitment in the Never Knowingly Undersold pledge has resulted in profits falling by 54.5% in the first six months of 2011.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...