GoCompare beheads Gio Compario for Halloween
Price comparison site Gocompare.com has launched a special Halloween TV ad featuring a headless Gio Compario.
The 'Ghost Appearance' ad is set in an Elizabethan manor and features two security guards guarding expensive jewellery.
A ghostly looking Gio appears through the panelled walls with his head tucked under his arm. He is joined by a duo of headless Tudor ladies and backed by a chorus of ghostly voices while Gio dances with a pair of skeletons, the ladies make off with the jewels.
The ad will run simultaneously with Gocompare.com's current 'Stone Age' car insurance ad, in which Gio rocks-out with animal skin bikini-clad cave girls, a pterodactyl and a woolly mammoth.
Media buying and planning is handled by MEC. GoCompare's £28m media account is currently up for grabs after a review called in September.
Nick Hall, Gocompare.com's head of marketing, said: "This ad was a lot of fun to make and hopefully we can give people a laugh over the Halloween period, with something a bit topical.
"We have tended to focus on car insurance with Gio but we have a very strong home insurance offer. Now that the dark nights are drawing in, people need to be a bit careful about exactly who may be 'ghosting' into their home."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 per annum + car allowance, Billericay
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...