GoCompare beheads Gio Compario for Halloween
Price comparison site Gocompare.com has launched a special Halloween TV ad featuring a headless Gio Compario.
The 'Ghost Appearance' ad is set in an Elizabethan manor and features two security guards guarding expensive jewellery.
A ghostly looking Gio appears through the panelled walls with his head tucked under his arm. He is joined by a duo of headless Tudor ladies and backed by a chorus of ghostly voices while Gio dances with a pair of skeletons, the ladies make off with the jewels.
The ad will run simultaneously with Gocompare.com's current 'Stone Age' car insurance ad, in which Gio rocks-out with animal skin bikini-clad cave girls, a pterodactyl and a woolly mammoth.
Media buying and planning is handled by MEC. GoCompare's £28m media account is currently up for grabs after a review called in September.
Nick Hall, Gocompare.com's head of marketing, said: "This ad was a lot of fun to make and hopefully we can give people a laugh over the Halloween period, with something a bit topical.
"We have tended to focus on car insurance with Gio but we have a very strong home insurance offer. Now that the dark nights are drawing in, people need to be a bit careful about exactly who may be 'ghosting' into their home."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London