Boots sticks with comedy Christmas strategy
Boots is sticking with its comedic "here come the girls" theme for this year's Christmas advertising campaign, which is themed around the importance of women.
Boots: revives 'here come the girls' concept
The TV ad, which launches tonight (November 3), portrays the girls as action-heroines as they transform their neighbourhood from a suburban street into a winter wonderland with "speed, skill and glamour".
The campaign, created by ad agency Mother, is designed to show Christmas would not happen without the influence of women, who carry out laborious tasks including secretive shopping missions and marathon wrapping sessions.
The 60-second television spot will launch at 8.15pm during ITV and Channel 4 during Emmerdale and Beeny's Restoration Nightmares.
Boots introduced comedy to its Christmas campaigns last year with ads that sought to bring together health and beauty in one ‘brand voice’ for the first time.
The brand introduced its "here come the girls" positioning four years ago.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...