IAB ENGAGE: Digital is not about technology, says LBi's Jordan-Bambach
Digital's importance lies less in technology than in the different way of thinking that technology has created, Laura Jordan-Bambach, executive creative director of LBi, told the IAB Engage conference today.
Laura Jordan-Bambach: executive creative director of LBi
Jordan-Bambach was speaking at the IAB Engage conference in London today in 'The Revolution Will Not be Televised: how digital thinking is radically changing brands and their marketing', session.
She said the model of advertising has changed and advertisers need to be seeking ongoing engagement and the fusion of the physical and digital experiences.
"What consumers call advertising has been replaced by content and utility," she said, adding marketers should be looking for digital communications to make a difference in a consumer's "real life".
"Digital technologies and search algorithms make it harder for people to come across brand" so marketers should be focused on "doing better stuff" that consumers like, because "interruption is more and more impossible", she argued.
She gave several examples of work from her agency which adhere to these principles, including its Sony Ericsson Xperia campaign, which invites users to take the phone's technology to create content using the handsets.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...