Everything Everywhere to cut comms team by up to 30 per cent
Britain's largest mobile operator Everything Everywhere is proposing to cut 25 to 30 per cent of its comms team as part of the company's pledge to make 550 redundancies.
Stuart Jackson: tasked with streamlining his comms team
The move is part of a series of streamlining measures ordered by CEO Olaf Swantee, who joined Everything Everywhere on 1 September.
Stuart Jackson, who was promoted to director of comms and corporate affairs last month, is tasked with reviewing his team of 37 people working across PR, public affairs, corporate affairs, corporate comms, corporate responsibility and internal comms.
As part of the review, Jackson is looking to reduce the number of existing comms roles by around 10, in an aim to be a faster, more nimble, delivery-focused team.
As well as reducing the number of roles, Jackson aims to create new vacancies and opportunities for people within the team wherever possible. The plans are in their early stages, with the proposals not due to be formalised until early 2012 after a three-month employee consultation period.
The majority of the 550 under threat will come from head office, back office and support functions in Everything Everywhere’s offices in Hatfield, Bristol and London. The company has said that no frontline customer-facing staff will be affected.
The company has been the subject of MP debate after a report from the Commons Culture, Media and Sport select committee published yesterday suggested Everything Everywhere will make a ‘substantial profit’ from the mulit-million-pound 4G phone spectrum auction in 2012.
The report recommends Everything Everywhere should put some of the profit towards future investment for consumers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London