Richard Desmond launches timeshifted offering Channel 5+1
Channel 5 is to launch a timeshift channel, Channel 5+1 that will be available on the Freeview, Freesat and Sky platforms from early December.
Channel 5: rolls out +1 service
The channel will join Richard Desmond's current offerings Channel 5, 5* and 5 USA. It is also expected that Channel 5 +1 will also be available via cable providers in 2012.
Desmond, owner of the Daily Express and Daily Star, signed a £103.5m deal to buy Five from European broadcaster RTL in July last year.
Jeff Ford, director of programming at Channel 5, said: "We are extremely proud of where Channel 5 currently sits in terms of its viewers, its commercial opportunities and the spread of its content across a variety of platforms.
"Our exciting portfolio of channels has huge appeal with audiences and the addition of Channel 5 +1 on DTT and satellite will no doubt be welcomed by viewers wanting another means to keep up with their favourite shows."
Channel 5 is the last commercial terrestrial channel to introduce a timeshift standalone stream.
ITV1 launched ITV1+1 in January this year while Channel 4+1 launched in August 2008.
The channel will give viewers the chance to catch up on Channel 5 shows including 'Big Brother' and the 'CSI' stable of programmes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...