America gives itself a brand refresh
The United States of America has unveiled a fresh global consumer facing-identity, as it looks to drive tourism and boost the country's economy via a new tourism body called Brand USA.
Brand USA, formerly the Corporation for Travel Promotion, is an overarching tourism body for all 50 of the United States.
The new branding for America, also called Brand USA, soft-launched today (7 November) with a new website at www.discoveramerica.com showcasing the USA logo. The name and visual identity was developed by The Brand Union.
It marks the first time America has marketed itself through a single brand image.
The website displays tourism opportunities across the country in four categories: great outdoors; urban excitement; culture; and indulgence.
Brand USA is working on a global marketing campaign promised for March 2012 and created by JWT.
Stephen J Cloobeck, chairman of Brand USA, said: "Brand USA has arrived, and it is not just a tourism brand.
"It is a 21st Century global brand what will help reposition our great nation in the market for travel, and drive economic activity, including billions of new spending, tens of thousands of new outsource-proof jobs and much needed-tax revenue, to spur powerful growth throughout all corners of the United States."
In June this year, the UK's tourism body VisitBritain launched its global marketing campaign, "You're invited", featuring famous Brits Judy Dench, Jamie Oliver, Dev Patel, Rupert Everett and Twiggy.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...