America gives itself a brand refresh
The United States of America has unveiled a fresh global consumer facing-identity, as it looks to drive tourism and boost the country's economy via a new tourism body called Brand USA.
Brand USA, formerly the Corporation for Travel Promotion, is an overarching tourism body for all 50 of the United States.
The new branding for America, also called Brand USA, soft-launched today (7 November) with a new website at www.discoveramerica.com showcasing the USA logo. The name and visual identity was developed by The Brand Union.
It marks the first time America has marketed itself through a single brand image.
The website displays tourism opportunities across the country in four categories: great outdoors; urban excitement; culture; and indulgence.
Brand USA is working on a global marketing campaign promised for March 2012 and created by JWT.
Stephen J Cloobeck, chairman of Brand USA, said: "Brand USA has arrived, and it is not just a tourism brand.
"It is a 21st Century global brand what will help reposition our great nation in the market for travel, and drive economic activity, including billions of new spending, tens of thousands of new outsource-proof jobs and much needed-tax revenue, to spur powerful growth throughout all corners of the United States."
In June this year, the UK's tourism body VisitBritain launched its global marketing campaign, "You're invited", featuring famous Brits Judy Dench, Jamie Oliver, Dev Patel, Rupert Everett and Twiggy.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £300 per day, London
- Licensing Executive - leading entertainment brand! f1 Recruitment Up to £30,000, Central London