Apple eyes fresh marketing team for App Store relaunch
Apple is hiring a digital marketing team to lead the reinvigoration of its App Store by making it a more attractive proposition both to brands and consumers in the face of growing competition.
Apple: to offer more paid-for opportunities for brands on App Store
The company is looking to appoint a digital marketing director for the EMEA region, and seeking candidates for several more-junior positions, including a new role of head of partnership marketing.
Apple is understood to be evaluating the introduction of fresh editorial products, as well as additional paid-for advertising and product-placement options, to the store.
The drive comes at a crucial time, with HTML5 poised to revolutionise the market. It will, in effect, allow brands to develop apps that can sidestep app stores.
The Financial Times recently developed an app using HTML5, the most high-profile brand to bypass the App Store with an app launch to date.
Apple has faced criticism for taking 30% of revenues from App Store products. This has led to Amazon, among others, removing its external store links from its iPhone and iPad apps. In contrast, Google One Pass takes 10% of revenues.
Apple did not return calls for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...