Lastminute.com to 'go back to its roots' with re-positioning
Lastminute.com, the online travel retailer, is looking to return to its original, core brand message of 'last-minute' booking as part of a strategic re-evaluation.
Lastminute.com: going back to its 'last minute' roots
The company, which has focused on positioning its website as an ‘online entertainment portal’, most recently with its ‘Stories start here’ ads, will unveil an updated identity with a campaign next year. It is undergoing a pitch process to find an ad agency to create the work.
Nichola Sharpe, Lastminute.com’s director of external communications, confirmed that the company is looking to get back to its ‘brand roots’.
The shift in strategy follows a rise in the popularity of daily-deal sites, such as Groupon, and comes a month after UK marketing director Mark Fells left the business to ‘explore new opportunities’.
Lastminute.com is seeking a replacement UK marketing director. In the interim, the brand’s chief marketing officer, Mark Newton, will lead its UK marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London
- Account Manager - Excellent London Agency - to £32k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £32k, West London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London