Microsoft partners with media brands for Xbox TV ads
Microsoft is set to launch co-branded marketing campaigns with media partners such as Sky, Channel 4 and LoveFilm to promote its Xbox console as a broadcasting platform.
Xbox: joint advertising with media brands
The company aims to challenge the traditional TV model with Kinect for Xbox 360, which allows users to control the screen through motion-sensor and voice-recognition technology.
Microsoft revealed last month that 40 entertainment brands would launch on Xbox Live by the end of the year. Its voice and gesture technology is already available to US viewers via its partnership with streaming site Netflix.
The launch of Netflix in the UK early next year will bring another player to an already-competitive online streaming marketplace.
Blockbuster has also said it will be in a position to enter the fray in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...