Microsoft partners with media brands for Xbox TV ads
Microsoft is set to launch co-branded marketing campaigns with media partners such as Sky, Channel 4 and LoveFilm to promote its Xbox console as a broadcasting platform.
Xbox: joint advertising with media brands
The company aims to challenge the traditional TV model with Kinect for Xbox 360, which allows users to control the screen through motion-sensor and voice-recognition technology.
Microsoft revealed last month that 40 entertainment brands would launch on Xbox Live by the end of the year. Its voice and gesture technology is already available to US viewers via its partnership with streaming site Netflix.
The launch of Netflix in the UK early next year will bring another player to an already-competitive online streaming marketplace.
Blockbuster has also said it will be in a position to enter the fray in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London