Major brands sign up for Google+ UK launch
Burberry, MailOnline, O2 and Mumsnet.com are among the first UK brand partners to launch pages on Google's social network, Google+, as it steps up its challenge to Facebook.
Google+: Brands such as Burberry, MailOnline and O2 have signed up
Google is inviting brands to create pages on the social network, having previously told them soon after its consumer launch in July, to hold off.
Google+’s 40m members will be able to add brands to their ‘circles’ and recommend them via the site’s +1 button. Brands can also interact with consumers via the ‘Hangouts’ video-calling feature.
Google+ brand pages will appear in Google search listings, from where they can be added to users’ circles.
Users can also ‘direct connect’ by searching for a brand name with the prefix ‘+’ to automatically add them to their network.
In June, several brands, such as Ford, rushed to set up profiles on the site. Google has since developed a version of Google+ optimised for brands and businesses.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Marketing Campaign Manager - 6 Mth Contract to Perm Salt £35000 - £37500 per annum, Farnborough
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London