Major brands sign up for Google+ UK launch
Burberry, MailOnline, O2 and Mumsnet.com are among the first UK brand partners to launch pages on Google's social network, Google+, as it steps up its challenge to Facebook.
Google+: Brands such as Burberry, MailOnline and O2 have signed up
Google is inviting brands to create pages on the social network, having previously told them soon after its consumer launch in July, to hold off.
Google+’s 40m members will be able to add brands to their ‘circles’ and recommend them via the site’s +1 button. Brands can also interact with consumers via the ‘Hangouts’ video-calling feature.
Google+ brand pages will appear in Google search listings, from where they can be added to users’ circles.
Users can also ‘direct connect’ by searching for a brand name with the prefix ‘+’ to automatically add them to their network.
In June, several brands, such as Ford, rushed to set up profiles on the site. Google has since developed a version of Google+ optimised for brands and businesses.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...