Media luminaries feature highly in power 1,000 list
Sky boss Jeremy Darroch, Simon Cowell, Daily Mail boss Paul Dacre and Independent owners Alexander and Evgeny Lebedev are among a number of media luminaries in the London Evening Standard's Power 1,000.
Evening Standard: unveils power 1,000 list
The event was toasted last night at a glitzy event in London's Covent Garden, attended by Ken Livingstone, a number of newspapers editors and MPs.
The full list of media luminaries in the top 1,000 list
- Jeremy Darroch, Sky chief executive.
- Helen Boaden, BBC, director of news.
- Alan Rusbridger, editor-in-chief, the Guardian
- Richard Desmond, chairman, Northern & Shell.
- Mark Thompson, BBC, director-general.
- Paul Dacre, Daily Mail, editor-in-chief
- Lord Rothemere, Daily Mail & General Trust, chairman
- Simon Cowell, TV impresario
- Rupert Murdoch, News Corporation, CEO
- Tom Mockridge, News International, CEO.
- Elisabeth Murdoch, Shine, CEO
- James Murdoch, News Corp, deputy chief operating officer
- Adam Crozier, ITV, CEO
- Lord Patten, BBC Trust, chairman
- Danny Cohen, BBC 1, controller
- Alexander Lebedev & Evgeny Lebedev, Evening Standard and The Independent, proprietors
- David Abraham, Channel 4, CEO
- Tony Gallagher, Daily Telegraph, editor
- Peter Fincham ITV, director of television
- Riz Lateef, BBC London, presenter
- Ed Richards, Ofcom, CEO
- John Witherow, The Sunday Times, editor
- Gwyneth Williams, Radio 4, controller
- Nick Ferrari, LBC, presenter
- John Humphrys, Today, presenter
- Nick Robinson, BBC, political editor
- James Harding, The Times, editor
- Jonathan Newhouse, Condé Nast International, chairman
- Nicholas Coleridge, Condé Nast International, Managing Director
- Dominic Mohan, The Sun, editor
- Aidan Barclay, Telegraph Media Group, chairman
- Richard Wallace, Daily Mirror, editor
- Chris Blackhurst, The Independent, editor
- Fraser Nelson, The Spectator, editor
- Tim Davie, BBC, head of audio & music
- Ashley Tabor, Global Radio, CEO
- Sir Simon Jenkins, Evening Standard and Guardian columnist
- Dylan Jones, GQ, editor
- Ian Hislop, Private Eye, editor
- Jeremy Paxman, Newsnight, presenter
- John Ryley, Sky News, head
- Lord Fellowes, Screenplay writer
- Sophie Turner-Laing, Sky, programming boss
- Nicola Mendelsohn, Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, president
- Andrew Neil, BBC, political presenter
- Jefferson Hack, Dazed and Confused, founder
- Deborah Turness, ITV News, editor
- Steve Wright, Radio 2, DJ
- Adam Boulton, Sky News, political editor
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...