SodaStream shifts strategy to focus on fun
SodaStream, the fizzy drinks maker, is shifting its marketing strategy ahead of Christmas to promote the humour and light-heartedness of the brand in a £1.5m campaign.
The 'Make Someone Happy This Christmas' campaign breaks today (10 November) and will include two 30-second spots created in house, featuring a teenage boy and, separately, a mum, each unwrapping their Christmas presents.
Both ads are a light-hearted take on the style of a family home video and show the main character crying with joy when they realise their present is a new SodaStream.
The fun tone marks a shift from SodaStream's global marketing campaign earlier this year which focused on the environmental impact of plastic bottle waste.
The five-week campaign, which was planned and bought by WPP media agency MediaCom, will include spots during peak viewing times, such as during 'Coronation Street', in an attempt to reach family audiences.
Fiona Hope, managing director of SodaStream UK, said: "We have grown significantly since our re-launch and we’re predicting Christmas this year to be even better than last, due to the sustained investment in the brand over the past 18-months, which has reinforced the brand's place in today's world.
"SodaStream is without doubt the 'hot' Christmas present this year."
A spokesman for SodaStream said it estimates that 83% of the UK population will see the ads an average of six times across the campaign.
Last year SodaStream re-launched, reviving its 1980's strapline '"get busy with the fizzy" under the direction of Hope, a former marketer at Greene King and Coca-Cola.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...