Budweiser asks football fans to vote for 'man of the match'
Football fans will get the chance to vote for the official Man of the Match during FA Cup matches, in a novel marketing move by sponsor Budweiser.
Budweiser: launches 'man of the match' initiative
In a historic move, football fans across the UK will be able to vote for the Budweiser Man of the Match – a role previously reserved for broadcast commentating teams.
It will be introduced from the first round of the FA Cup, which begins on November 12, and will continue through every round until the final in May 2012.
Fans can either vote via the Budweiser UK Facebook page or from their smartphones by using the free-of-charge Budweiser Man of the Match app.
The player voted man of the match will celebrate with a magnum of Budweiser beer.
Budweiser became the official sponsor of the FA Cup in June this year, replacing E.ON.
The Football Association announced Budweiser as the new title sponsor for the FA Cup, replacing E.ON, which resigned its sponsorship in 2009.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London