John Lewis unveils £5m Christmas ad
John Lewis has unveiled 'The Long Wait', its £5m Christmas campaign which will launch during tomorrow's 'X Factor' on ITV.
The heartfelt ad by Adam & Eve, features a young boy impatiently waiting for Christmas Day.
Viewers expect the boy to be eagerly waiting for his Christmas presents, however when Christmas Day arrives he jumps out of bed, past his presents and picks up a gift for his parents. The strapline says, "For gifts you can't wait to give".
The classic track, 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' by The Smiths, is used on the ad, performed by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
'The Long Wait' has been directed by Dougal Wilson, who was also behind John Lewis's much-acclaimed campaign, 'Always a Woman'.
The ad's creative directors were Ben Priest, Emer Stamp and Ben Tollett. Other creatives included Matt Gay and John Long. The production company was Blink. The media agency was Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The 90-second spot will break on Facebook and YouTube before it airs in the ad break during tomorrow's 'X Factor'.
Television activity will be supported by print, in-store, online and social media activity. The print campaign will focus on John Lewis' top 100 gifts for Christmas and will run from 1 December for three weeks.
Slow Moving Millie's cover will be available to buy on iTunes from 9am on Friday.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...