John Lewis unveils £5m Christmas ad
John Lewis has unveiled 'The Long Wait', its £5m Christmas campaign which will launch during tomorrow's 'X Factor' on ITV.
The heartfelt ad by Adam & Eve, features a young boy impatiently waiting for Christmas Day.
Viewers expect the boy to be eagerly waiting for his Christmas presents, however when Christmas Day arrives he jumps out of bed, past his presents and picks up a gift for his parents. The strapline says, "For gifts you can't wait to give".
The classic track, 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' by The Smiths, is used on the ad, performed by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
'The Long Wait' has been directed by Dougal Wilson, who was also behind John Lewis's much-acclaimed campaign, 'Always a Woman'.
The ad's creative directors were Ben Priest, Emer Stamp and Ben Tollett. Other creatives included Matt Gay and John Long. The production company was Blink. The media agency was Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The 90-second spot will break on Facebook and YouTube before it airs in the ad break during tomorrow's 'X Factor'.
Television activity will be supported by print, in-store, online and social media activity. The print campaign will focus on John Lewis' top 100 gifts for Christmas and will run from 1 December for three weeks.
Slow Moving Millie's cover will be available to buy on iTunes from 9am on Friday.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire