John Lewis unveils £5m Christmas ad
John Lewis has unveiled 'The Long Wait', its £5m Christmas campaign which will launch during tomorrow's 'X Factor' on ITV.
The heartfelt ad by Adam & Eve, features a young boy impatiently waiting for Christmas Day.
Viewers expect the boy to be eagerly waiting for his Christmas presents, however when Christmas Day arrives he jumps out of bed, past his presents and picks up a gift for his parents. The strapline says, "For gifts you can't wait to give".
The classic track, 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' by The Smiths, is used on the ad, performed by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
'The Long Wait' has been directed by Dougal Wilson, who was also behind John Lewis's much-acclaimed campaign, 'Always a Woman'.
The ad's creative directors were Ben Priest, Emer Stamp and Ben Tollett. Other creatives included Matt Gay and John Long. The production company was Blink. The media agency was Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The 90-second spot will break on Facebook and YouTube before it airs in the ad break during tomorrow's 'X Factor'.
Television activity will be supported by print, in-store, online and social media activity. The print campaign will focus on John Lewis' top 100 gifts for Christmas and will run from 1 December for three weeks.
Slow Moving Millie's cover will be available to buy on iTunes from 9am on Friday.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)