WPP increases investment in China's digital industry
WPP has invested further in Chinese in-game advertising company InGameAd (IGA) for an undisclosed sum.
InGameAd: further investment made by WPP
The marketing services holding company has participated in a second round of financing in order to maintain its minority stake in the six-year-old Chinese company.
InGameAd employs 30 people and has clients including McDonald's, Nokia and Nike' WPP in initially invested in the company in August 2008.
New investor Singtel Innov8 and existing investor Revolution Capital also participated in the financing round.
WPP has marked Greater China, which is currently its fourth-largest market, generating revenues of more than $1bn, as a key area of growth.
Last month (24 October), WPP increased its investment in Leading Smart Holdings, a British Virgin Islands company, with a controlling interest in the parent company of Moment Systems, a digital advertising measurement firm in China.
It also established a school of marketing and communications in Shanghai in October.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...