Appointment to view: The making of John Lewis's 'the long wait'
John Lewis, the retailer on something of a Christmas marketing roll, launched its latest tearjerker of an ad last weekend for its 2011 assault on our festive spend. Here's the story behind how it was made.
John Lewis's latest Adam & Eve-created ad, "the long wait", tells the story of a young boy’s impatience as he counts down to Christmas Day.
The ad is already proving a hit with viewers, causing a stir online since it debuted in Satruday's 'X Factor', and looks likely to provide the retailer with a hattrick of Christmas campaign's to hit the sweetspot.
As the video explains, the team have kept some of the look and feel of previous campaigns, while opting this year to focus on a single storyline rather than multiple families, a choice discussed by creative director Ben Priest.
Lloyd Page, head of marketing, brand, John Lewis, and Craig Inglis, director of marketing for the retailer, also explain the aims of this year’s campaign and the importance of the season for retailers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London