Appointment to view: The making of John Lewis's 'the long wait'
John Lewis, the retailer on something of a Christmas marketing roll, launched its latest tearjerker of an ad last weekend for its 2011 assault on our festive spend. Here's the story behind how it was made.
John Lewis's latest Adam & Eve-created ad, "the long wait", tells the story of a young boy’s impatience as he counts down to Christmas Day.
The ad is already proving a hit with viewers, causing a stir online since it debuted in Satruday's 'X Factor', and looks likely to provide the retailer with a hattrick of Christmas campaign's to hit the sweetspot.
As the video explains, the team have kept some of the look and feel of previous campaigns, while opting this year to focus on a single storyline rather than multiple families, a choice discussed by creative director Ben Priest.
Lloyd Page, head of marketing, brand, John Lewis, and Craig Inglis, director of marketing for the retailer, also explain the aims of this year’s campaign and the importance of the season for retailers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London