LBi acquires US social media agency Mr Youth for up to $50m
LBi International has acquired New York-based social media agency Mr Youth for up to $50m (£31.4m), in response to what it called "revolutionary change in consumer buying behaviour".
Mr Youth: New York media agency is acquired by LBi
Mr Youth, founded in 2002, specialises in social media, experiential and word of mouth marketing, with annual sales expected to reach $25m for 2011. Its clients include Procter & Gamble, Coca-Cola, Ford and Microsoft.
LBi will incorporate Mr Youth's proprietary technology platforms, including CollegeFest and Repnation, and its distribution channels, into its own intellectual property.
Mr Youth will remain in New York and operate as a division of LBi with the aim of integrating the business into the network. Its founder Matt Britton, will remain chief executive and report directly to Luke Taylor, chief executive of LBi.
Taylor said: "Globally, we are seeing revolutionary change in consumer buying behaviour. Our clients are therefore driving rapid growth of social media services within LBi, and the US leads the world market in this field."
LBi is based in Amsterdam and has operations in 16 countries, employing 1,850 people.
In September this year LBi was hired by Asda to overhaul its online presence and handle its digital advertising strategy.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...