Mexico Today launches ads to entice European travellers
Mexico Today, the tourism brand for Mexico, has kicked off a new campaign featuring 11 different ads designed to drive European consumers to the country.
The campaign, created by Ogilvy, intends to present Mexico as "more than simply a sun, a beach and a resort destination," through a series of 11 different images featuring third-party testimonials.
These include a quote from The New York Times, stating: "Mexico is one of the richest in species diversity, with 22 biosphere reserves and nearly 50 national parks".
The campaign covers outdoor, digital and print, with media buying handled by Mindshare. Ads will run in national press titles, including The Guardian, Condé Nast Traveller magazine and The Spectator.
An outdoor campaign has also been launched in Frankfurt and Berlin, and will be rolled out in London on black cabs, the Heathrow Express and Heathrow terminals one and five, and in Paris and Barcelona later this month.
Europe is a lead source of tourism for Mexico. The country's tourism board claims it accounts for approximately 5.5% of Mexico’s visitor market.
Manuel Diaz Cebrian, Mexico Tourism Board director for UK, Ireland, Sweden and The Netherlands, said: "Holidays are an increasingly important way for people to unwind from the stress of daily life.
"This exciting campaign, intended to be myth-busting, visually arresting and provocative, will communicate the countless ways tourists can explore Mexico and return home feeling renewed and re-energised after a holiday filled with new discoveries."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...