John Lewis TV ad passes 1m views online
The John Lewis 2011 Christmas ad has now racked up more than one million views online, just days after its TV debut.
The ad, created by Adam & Eve, which shows a boy counting down the days to Christmas so he can give his parents a present, passed the one million-mark last night (15 November), boosted by US viewers.
In a novel move, the ad, which is set to The Smiths' song 'Please Please Let Me Get What I Want', covered by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie, was placed on YouTube and Facebook last Friday, before its first TV appearance around ITV1's 'The X-Factor'.
A number of spoofs have already appeared of the ad, which are also going viral. One is based on horror film 'The Shining', while another gives the ad a different ending, using the famous scene from the film 'Se7en', where Brad Pitt's character is presented with his wife's head in a box.
John Lewis' Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', has received 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)