John Lewis TV ad passes 1m views online
The John Lewis 2011 Christmas ad has now racked up more than one million views online, just days after its TV debut.
The ad, created by Adam & Eve, which shows a boy counting down the days to Christmas so he can give his parents a present, passed the one million-mark last night (15 November), boosted by US viewers.
In a novel move, the ad, which is set to The Smiths' song 'Please Please Let Me Get What I Want', covered by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie, was placed on YouTube and Facebook last Friday, before its first TV appearance around ITV1's 'The X-Factor'.
A number of spoofs have already appeared of the ad, which are also going viral. One is based on horror film 'The Shining', while another gives the ad a different ending, using the famous scene from the film 'Se7en', where Brad Pitt's character is presented with his wife's head in a box.
John Lewis' Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', has received 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London