John Lewis TV ad passes 1m views online
The John Lewis 2011 Christmas ad has now racked up more than one million views online, just days after its TV debut.
The ad, created by Adam & Eve, which shows a boy counting down the days to Christmas so he can give his parents a present, passed the one million-mark last night (15 November), boosted by US viewers.
In a novel move, the ad, which is set to The Smiths' song 'Please Please Let Me Get What I Want', covered by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie, was placed on YouTube and Facebook last Friday, before its first TV appearance around ITV1's 'The X-Factor'.
A number of spoofs have already appeared of the ad, which are also going viral. One is based on horror film 'The Shining', while another gives the ad a different ending, using the famous scene from the film 'Se7en', where Brad Pitt's character is presented with his wife's head in a box.
John Lewis' Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', has received 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London