Taco Bell supports third store opening with tongue-in-cheek outdoor ads
Taco Bell has opened a restaurant in Manchester, its third in the UK, and has earmarked further city openings for 2012.
Taco Bell: backs Manchester opening with tongue-in-cheek outdoor ads
The Mexican-inspired restaurant chain is attempting to establish a UK presence for the second time after failing previously. It has already opened outlets in the Lakeside Shopping Centre and in Basildon.
Its third is in the Arndale Centre, Manchester, and is likely to be followed by further city openings next year, as it takes on the likes of McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food rivals.
Taco Bell, which is owned by Yum!, the parent company of Pizza Hut and KFC, is currently running outdoor advertising created by Draftfcb, which offer a tongue-in-cheek take on Manchester's deadpan humour and its two football teams.
One of the ads reads "baps out" while another "it's proper Mexicunian".
Nick Dawson, general manager, TacoBell UK & Europe, said the brand wanted to "target city locations around the UK".
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...