Mid-roll ads have edge in long-form content, research claims
A mid-roll positioning makes video ads more likely to be fully viewed in long-form video streams than pre-roll or post-roll, according to analysis by online video ad management platform Vindico.
Online viewing: mid-roll ads more likely to be fully viewed says research
The analysis took in more than five billion FMCG category ad impressions in full-episode player content, which is generally straight-from-TV material longer than 15 minutes.
It found that 93% of mid-roll ads were viewed through to the end, compared to 85% of pre-roll ads and 83% of post-roll ads.
Reasons for non-completion of ads include viewers closing down streams or hiding the video window behind another browser window, according to Vindico UK country manager James Grant.
Vindico, which is part of the group behind Specific Media, allows advertisers to buy, serve, track and measure their online video activity.
It launched in the UK in September 2011.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...