Mid-roll ads have edge in long-form content, research claims
A mid-roll positioning makes video ads more likely to be fully viewed in long-form video streams than pre-roll or post-roll, according to analysis by online video ad management platform Vindico.
Online viewing: mid-roll ads more likely to be fully viewed says research
The analysis took in more than five billion FMCG category ad impressions in full-episode player content, which is generally straight-from-TV material longer than 15 minutes.
It found that 93% of mid-roll ads were viewed through to the end, compared to 85% of pre-roll ads and 83% of post-roll ads.
Reasons for non-completion of ads include viewers closing down streams or hiding the video window behind another browser window, according to Vindico UK country manager James Grant.
Vindico, which is part of the group behind Specific Media, allows advertisers to buy, serve, track and measure their online video activity.
It launched in the UK in September 2011.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Social Media Strategist Source £65000 - £75000 per annum + full benefits package, London
- Category and Activation Manager Brand Recruitment £55000 per annum + plus excellent benefits, St. Albans