Mike Cornwell departs MRM after Meteorite merger
Mike Cornwell, the chief executive of MRM London, has left the agency following MRM Worldgroup's acquisition of the direct marketing shop Meteorite.
Cornwell: believed to plotting consultancy launch
MRM is merging with Meteorite to create MRM Meteorite. The Meteorite co-founders, Hugh Bishop and Debbie Smith, will run the business as chairman and chief executive respectively.
Cornwell, who is understood to be planning the launch of his own consultancy, joined MRM in 2009 from Joshua G2, where he was the agency's chief executive. He had previously worked at TBWA\GGT.
Meteorite, which launched in 1999, has Homebase, Premier Inn, Scope and The Guardian among its clients.
It will relocate to MRM's London offices to create an agency with 160 staff and a client list that also includes General Motors, BSkyB, Johnson & Johnson, Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Costa Coffee.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire